Security Marketing Manager – Remote – Zendesk – Trenton, NJ Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Are you a phenomenal storyteller? If so, would you like to help tell the story of one of the most dynamic SaaS companies on Earth? We need a hard-working, persuasive dynamo with a proven understanding of information security to evangelize the strides we’re making to our growing customer base! Additionally, you’ll help advocate our principles and goals to varied internal audiences of varying levels of technical proficiency. This cross-functional process management role will require wit, diplomacy, multimodal communication strategies, and the desire to build and maintain strong bridges!
What We Can Do For You
- Provide the fast paced job experience that can only be had at a tip-of-the-spear SaaS company.
- Give you a home in a team that’s more like friends and family.
- Present a work space to create, grow, and own.
- Get exposed to true innovators in the tech and business spaces.
- Provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create, maintain, and refine public-facing assets relating to security and trust..
- Strategize with leading partners on how best to turn our successes into tangible documents and string narratives.
- Represent Zendesk by speaking or presenting at customer gatherings, industry conferences, webinars, or to customers or prospects in key deals if called to do so.etc.
- Develop messaging campaigns to better convey the aims and accomplishments of Zendesk Security to internal partners.
- Assess and fill any comparative gaps against industry leaders in terms of documentation or clarity of information.
- Conduct or aid in market research studies.
What you bring to the role
- Credible written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Honesty, transparency, and brevity in all forms of communication.
- The ability to investigate a story and translate findings into a compelling narrative.
- A thirst for knowledge which will keep you current as we, and technology itself evolve.
- Validated and relevant experience in a similar role with a security-specific focus by demonstrating examples of work.
- 5 + years experience working in a Marketing or Security team
- 3 + years experience writing documentation for a Security and or Marketing team
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or equivalents (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Helpful to understand basic Cloud services (AWS in particular)
- Should understand basic security technologies such as firewall, SIEM, IDS/IPS, etc.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
About Zendesk – Champions Of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
U.S. Applicants Only: Consistent with Zendesk’s emphasis on employee wellness and our shared interest in public health, Zendesk requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider accommodations for reasons recognized by applicable law. Zendesk prohibits discrimination and will not tolerate discrimination based on a person’s disability, physical or mental conditions, religion, or any other status protected by law.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.