Security Strategy and Go To Market Lead – Amazon Web Services (AWS) New York, NY On-site
Do you want to help Fortune 500 organizations achieve breakthrough business outcomes through cloud security and infrastructure technologies? Do you want to partner with a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders to define and execute on highly visible strategic initiatives? Do you enjoy a mixture of tactical and strategic work – can you take experiences with your clients and internal stakeholders, zoom out, identify trends, and use learnings to inform Go To Market, product feature, and initiative roadmaps? If so, we are looking for an experienced leader to partner with our sales-focused stakeholders, with the goal of exceeding customer outcome expectations.
You will join the growing Acceleration Team within the broader Security & Infrastructure (S&I) Global Specialty Practice (GSP) at AWS Professional Services. The S&I GSP works to optimize our customers’ success through security and compliance, performance and scale, availability, and manageability – either migrating existing systems and/or building new systems. We specifically focus on the implementation of security AWS Platform Services and related S&I Offerings which span security, risk, and compliance. Our AWS consultants deliver security architecture expert-level guidance, build solutions, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices, and conduct skills transfer workshops. We also assist with the non-technical change management work for enterprise executives and their teams.
The Acceleration Team supports our customers in a wide variety of scenarios as they progress through their AWS journey and ensures internal and partner teams can sell and deliver Offerings with confidence at scale, tailors Offerings and adoption enablement across a range of countries, markets, and technology operating environments, and supports the S&I GSP Offering build and innovation efforts.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Engage customers – Collaborate with sales leaders to drive customer success through the optimized utilization of the AWS Platform. Understand our customer’s value chains and their resulting security needs, and drive feedback to internal Offering build teams. Provide direct sales support to enable breakthrough business outcomes for customers. Attend online meetings across global time zones, travel to client locations, and deliver professional services as needed when it is safe to do so.
- Harvest and curate reusable assets – Lead the assembly and rollout of sales playbooks designed to maximize customer impact, and minimize internal load. Leverage field experiences to define and publish best practices.
- Collaborate across functions, skills, and levels – Act as an advocate for the sales teams and our customers within the S&I GSP, and champion our Offerings to the sales team. Build positive working relationships with internal customers and partners at all levels. Drive execution of continuous improvement mechanisms for the segment, actively driving uplift of offerings through collaboration with sales teams, Offering build teams, AWS Service teams, delivery teams, marketing teams, and partners.
- Align to the strategic direction of a specific segment– Develop and execute against an engagement model for driving increased sales of security solutions for a segment and push the boundaries of today to open new opportunities for AWS customer success. Actively identify the segment’s requirements specific to the geography (e.g., Americas), market vertical (e.g., financial services, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing), and/or technology operating environment (e.g., enterprise IT, internet of things (IoT), operational technology (OT), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)). Tailor your priorities based on these requirements
- Help build great teams – Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team and specialty practices to develop, train, and enable a team of diverse consultants with superior technical depth, outstanding customer relationship skills, exceptional problem-solving focus, and a tenured depth of cloud security & infrastructure disciplines. Help us harmonize, nurture, and evolve them into the very best AWS consultants in the world.
- Have fun and be passionate – Contribute to your team with a desire to change the world, work hard, and most of all, to have fun.
A Day in the Life
No two days will be the same in this role. You will split your time between client-facing and internal work. Your external clients will be existing and potential AWS customers and Partners. Your internal customers will be AWS Sales Teams, Offering Build Teams, and Offering Delivery Teams. You will split your time between tactical hands-on work, and definition and execution of strategic initiatives to improve business and customer outcomes. You will be a mentor, thought leader and trusted advisor for the team, external customers, and internal customers. This is an individual contributor role however, technology domain-aligned consultants will have a dotted line report into you. There is scope, if desired, to move over time into a direct people manager role either through a shift to Practice Management or through growth of the Acceleration Team sales-focused function.
More about the Team
The Acceleration Team within the S&I GSP works across the globe with regional teams assigned to AMER, APJC, and EMEA. The S&I GSP team includes of Business and Technology Experts (this is you!), Practice Managers, and highly-skilled Consultants with subject matter expertise across a range of cloud security and infrastructure disciplines.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, our consulting roles are customer-facing, requiring up to 25%-50% travel to customer locations.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 15 years of experience in security, compliance, and risk management, including privacy and controls
- Experience in business development, strategic partnerships, marketing, program or product management, or consulting roles with equivalent scope
- BS level degree in computer science, engineering, business, math, or equivalent professional/military experience
- Experience selling and delivering IT solutions to Fortune 500 customers and partners
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, delivery, product/service management, and partner management
- Market experience in one or more of the following: financial services, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing, energy, consumer products, high-tech, media & entertainment, and automotive
- Experience in the definition, scoping, marketing, and selling of cloud infrastructure migration, implementation, operations, and optimization initiatives
- Experience in the design, activation and iteration of effective Go-To-Market Strategies for Consulting, IT, Cloud, Software, or SaaS companies
- Experience building security strategy and reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Familiarity with security topics across the full lifecycle of identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover
- Understanding architectural implications of meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks
- Familiarity with the AWS Platform Portfolio of solutions with a focus on the security space; AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, and AWS Certified Security Specialty
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science
- Proven background in executive level reporting. Ability to develop and present strategic plans, business outcome messaging, and complex technical documents across a varied corporate audience
- Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
- Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Multinational cultural market experience – especially working across the Americas
- Visible thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based security technologies
Company – Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1642342