Security Technical Marketing Manager – Opportunity for Working Remotely – VMware – Philadelphia, PA Remote
Carbon Black, the Security Business Unit of VMware, is the center of VMware’s mission to transform the industry with intrinsic security. We’re looking for a dynamic Technical Marketing Manager to join the Carbon Black team and help us win in a highly competitive market. We need someone who is inquisitive, curious, and capable of using and demonstrating our products to position our differentiation in the market. The work you do will have an enormous impact on our business and our products, first and foremost helping our sales and channel teams continue to win.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and present technical demonstrations to external audiences, including industry analysts
- Jump into key deals with SEs to build a competitive strategy and provide hands-on support
- Participate in in-person events and online forums with technical security audiences, discussing innovations in security practices and product development
- Serve as the marketing link to our sales enablement team, developer relations team, our threat research team, and our internal security experts
- Work with our content marketers to create tangible content (presentations, videos, webcasts) that connects with the technical audience
- Develop training materials that educate and equip our sales, sales engineering, and channel teams to position our products compellingly
- Contribute to joint marketing programs and support material for technical partnerships
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 plus years in sales engineering, product management, or technical marketing — with at least one year in technical content development
- Experience working with security or similar technology audiences
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with a track record of community participation and strong written and verbal skills
- A strong competitive sense – ability to effectively compare and contrast similar cyber-security products, diving deep to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Highly driven – enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software environment
- Assertive team player, ability to positively influence without direct authority to drive deliverables.
- Experience working with Kubernetes or similar technology audiences
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.