Security Technology Specialists – Microsoft – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities, endpoints, apps, emails, docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage, reduce risk, and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and credible security professional to join our global team of Technical Specialists. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
As a Security Technical Specialist, your primary goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our range of security-focused solutions including extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security solutions.
You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision, allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft Security sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies.
- Scale Customer Engagements: Remediates blockers; leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Security and adjacent technologies. Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently; builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Microsoft Security; and searches for and uses Microsoft Security customer references.
- Scale Through Partners: Engages in partner sell-with scenarios and supports partner technical capacity.
- Build Strategy: Contributes to Microsoft Security strategy development, shapes strategic win plan and tailors Microsoft messaging to audience for security opportunities. Enhances team capabilities for extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security and develops compete strategies for Microsoft Security for assigned customers.
- Solution Design & Proof: Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations, presents and applies architecture patterns, proves capabilities and integration into customer environment, and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft solutions for security. Coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer security needs.
- Education: Builds their own readiness plan and grows extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor for Microsoft Security, its integration with other Microsoft products & services, and Microsoft Security solutions generally; and increases internal virtual teams’ understanding of extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security space solutions and new opportunities.
- 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
Technical Solution Leader
- Security architect. Experience and ability to design key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, cloud-based identity and access management solutions, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity architect. Experienced professional able to design cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Practitioner mindset. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. Practical expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Extensive customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 required.
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk) required
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners required.
- Community Builder. Able to coalesce customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners into productive working groups required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership and ability to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration or Azure Security Engineer preferred.
- Certification in any one of the following two preferred: CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.