Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst Job
- NYC Dept of Info Technology (DoITT)
- Brooklyn, NY
- Job ID #387858
CISSP, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA CyberOps, PCCSA, PCNSA, PCNSE, CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, AWS (Cloud Security CloudGuard) preferred.
Up to $135,000
Work from home not available Travel not required
Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst Career
Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst/ Salary: up to $135,000 Commensurate with Experience/ Excellent Benefits/ Brooklyn, NY
The Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst will have primary responsibility of building, configuring, customizing, maintaining the Security infrastructure systems, intrusion prevention threat detection systems, next-generation firewalls, Netflow profilers, and vulnerability platform solutions, perform threat vulnerability assessments, mature discovered IOCs, collaborate with internal and external intelligence community partners, gather, produce and disseminate technical threat information, design customized reports and follow up with business owners to address system vulnerabilities, and perform special projects and initiatives as assigned.
From within New York City’s DoITT Information Security division, with significant interaction with the Citywide NYC3 Security Operations Center (SOC) and DoITT Operations functions, the Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of Information Security Operations responsible for performing Information Security Firewall Engineering & Development, duties to manage, monitor and enhance the firewall services infrastructure for the city of New York, which includes Palo Alto, Checkpoint, McAfee, Infoblox technologies and Enterprise Security Technologies,
- Perform firewall management, configure access management roles, deployment of complex firewall rules for applications and includes supporting access rules for supporting the shared Citynet Infrastructure for the City of NYC,
- Review of 1st to 3rd Level support services incidents and requests as well as planning and implementation for major security upgrades, patch management, and service capacity,
- Provide Information Security Operations support for all areas including, Infrastructure, Vulnerability & Security Design, Internal Solutioning and Level 1-3 Operational Support,
- Support Information Security Infrastructure operations and PSAC environment to research, evaluate and design cutting edge enterprise security solutions such as NGFW infrastructure DNS/DNSSEC, enterprise MTA and NGFW infrastructure, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology,
- Ensure IP routing, Internet and networking technologies, NAT, routing protocols, and network security, Firewalls, Proxies, and VPN are working as designed,
- Investigate and resolve complex network and firewall problems related to the implementation,
- Implement appropriate assurance levels, firewall policy evaluations, next-generation threat prevention designs, SSL encryption/decryption strategies, vulnerability protection profiles, content filtering and perimeter security controls,
- Monitor and manage the security infrastructure for the City of New York, Administer secure mail gateways, firewall policy evaluations, next-generation threat prevention designs and SSL encryption/decryption strategies,
- Participate in daily change management review meetings,
- Support Cyber Operations as an expert resource to investigate and resolve daily security infrastructure incidents,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SHIFT: Perform Information Security Operations day to day security operational duties during off hours such as weeknights and/or weekends in a 24/7 operation.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud security solutions, especially the integration and interaction with on-premise solutions,
- Experience in Network or Security Operations/Engineering, with heavy IT Security Operations Level 3 escalation support,
- 6+ years IT Security or related experience,
- Solid understanding of industry best practices for Security Engineering/Operations & Design,
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical staff, administrative users etc.,
- Excellent understanding of network, system and application security,
- Scripting Languages (such as Python, PowerShell, Perl, Bash),
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment,
- CISSP, CCNP R&S,CCNP Security, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA CyberOps, PCCSA, PCNSA, PCNSE, CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, AWS (Cloud Security CloudGuard) preferred.
BA/BS and 4 years experience related to the area(s) required by the position,
Education and Experience equivalent.
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/doitt
Please go to and search for Job ID #387858
(Indicate 387858 Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst’ in subject line)
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVALS
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify
Michelle writes about cyber security, data privacy focusing on social media privacy as well as how to protect your IoT devices. She has worked in internet technology for over 20 years and owns METRONY, LLC. Michelle earned a B.S. in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Michelle published a guide to Cyber Security for Business Travelers