Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC) Job Opening – Brown Brothers Harriman Jersey City, NJ
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens, and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC)!
The Sr. Cyber Security Operations Analyst will play a significant role in our Security Operations Center team (SOC), reviewing and handling several security controls, and providing operational insight to complete management of the Cyber threats. Protecting the Bank ensures that we’re able to deliver solutions securely protecting BBH’s digital assets and our clients.
- Day-to-day operations of BBH’s Cyber Intelligence Monitoring and Threat analysis.
- Provide log analysis, real-time intrusion analysis, incident response, and security monitoring using a wide array of industry leading tools and technologies
- Respond and perform analysis and risk assessment of all security events and incidents.
- Provide related documentation in support of BBH regulatory guidelines (FFIEC, SOC2, NYDFS, etc..) and auditing initiatives
- Bi-weekly and Monthly reporting.
Cyber Security Operations Center
- Maintain a working relationship with a 24×7 external cyber intelligence and threat monitoring service (MSSP) in support of our team.
- Engage in security investigations and use tools to identify and report the outcomes of incidents to senior management.
- Participate in discussions around security events and activities with various non-technical and technical parties.
- Collaborate with various teams to manage security investigations and provide prevention solutions for cyber threats.
- Follow the firm’s project management, SDLC disciplines to insure structured effectiveness in implementation and operations
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Amazon Web Services Training On Demand
Vulnerability Management Program
- Responsibilities in working with tools in for identifying the firm’s security vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot and work with vendors in identifying security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with application and operation system teams to remediate any security vulnerability findings.
- Support 3rd party testing of the firm’s cyber security posture.
- Recommend, and apply best practices for addressing ongoing threats
READ 5 Reasons Why Cyber Security Certification Is Worth It
Security Operations and Response tools
- Help support security tools that monitor the firm’s security configuration, changes, health and baselines; such as SIEM, Anti-Virus and other cyber tools.
- Respond to Endpoint protection and malware detection tools alerts following response templates.
- Makes suggestions on tuning alert volumes.
- Makes sure responses are remediated within SLA.
- Relevant or similar work experience in some of the following areas:
- Vulnerability & Patch management
- Malware analysis and remediation / Data Analysis
- Security Incident Response
- Security Operations management and maintaining IT general controls
- Designing and Operating enterprise security controls
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) or advanced degree highly desired.
- Expertise with security assessment methodologies
- Some knowledge of networking protocols and related equipment
- Interest in packet analysis and forensic tools
- Familiar with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Firewalls, Sandboxing, and other security tool terminology
- Interested in scripting with Bash, Batch, Perl, or Python
- Data Analysis using Excel
- Interest in Unix/Linux & Windows operating systems and privilege access.
- Data analysis of various security logs
- Interest in security trends and threat intelligence
- SIEM technologies and correlation.
- Familiarity in cyber security forensics is a plus
- Some rotating, 24 x 7 on-call responsibility
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
What We Offer
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.Full timeJersey City