Senior Cybersecurity Analyst – Fidelity Investments – Roanoke, TX
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Fidelity’s Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Analyst. This is an opportunity to contribute to a highly visible security operations function with global impact upon Fidelity, its affiliates, business units, partners, and customers! While working as part of this team, the successful individual will provide first level support to cyber incident handling, analysis, and response functions in order to detect, protect, respond, and sustain operations within cyberspace. Qualified candidates should:
- Demonstrate good customer service, written and oral communication.
- Have solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft tools like Excel, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint
- Have strong self-management, work autonomy and use of own initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations with limited data.
- See Our Cyber Security Career Center
The candidate is responsible for analyzing and responding to security events in monitoring reports generated using various data sources. This role involves extensive interaction with other teams in the Cyber Security space to improve network security tools to support Fidelity’s security monitoring and incident response services.
In addition, this candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Monitoring and responding to network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs
- Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false positives.
- Escalate to Fidelity’s internal and external support teams to assist in analysis and event resolution
- Document cases, procedures, analysis and investigations accurately and thoroughly
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
Experience and Skills Required
- Follow define security procedures to handle day-to-day operations
- Interest and knowledge in learning about security trends.
Online training in cyber security
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
- A good understanding of security, web based and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection, various operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet security) is a plus.
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.