Senior Cybersecurity Solutions Architect – M&T Bank – Buffalo, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
The SR. Cybersecurity Solutions Architect leads a security practice focused on specialized assessment of security controls for systems and applications. They will leverage a risk-based approach to ensure appropriate security principles and controls are applied during the system development life cycle to meet stakeholder objectives and protect customer and corporate assets in line with enterprise risk appetite.
- Understand enterprise architecture to identify security gaps, develop controls and design solutions meeting business objectives while complying with security standards.
- Recommend appropriate security controls to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer and corporate data in line with the enterprise risk appetite.
- Document and verify recommended security controls are aligned with Bank policies and standards as well as industry best practices, ensure proper documentation of exceptions to standards and/or recommend mitigating controls.
- Work with business teams and Cybersecurity leadership to identify and recommend exceptions to standards for projects.
- Participate in development and refinement of standards with Cybersecurity policy team.
- Prepare required systems and applications security documentation, ensuring alignment with applicable laws, regulations, Bank policies and standards, as well as industry best practices.
- Present technical information to technical and non-technical audiences to ensure business understanding of security controls and recommendations. Present recommendations to various levels within the organization including senior management.
- Communicate required systems and applications security controls to owners or technical leads, ensuring alignment with applicable laws, regulations, Bank policies and standards, as well as industry best practices.
- Engage with Technology teams and management to identify security risks of proposed projects and recommend system and application modifications.
- Remain current with industry trends and security threats to advise management on how to mitigate and contain risks to the business. Prepare and deliver management level presentations to communicate trends and threats.
- Mentor less experienced personnel on Cybersecurity principles and application, in relation to Bank standards.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ higher education and 7 years relevant work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles and industry best practices, relevant to confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Proven knowledge of information technology security principles and implementation methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption, Active Directory / LDAP, SAML)
- Experience selecting security controls based on confidentiality, integrity and availability requirements of systems
- Experience handling multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines and overseeing project tasks for less experienced team members.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or CRISC (Certified Risk and Information Systems Control) certification or Cybersecurity domain-related industry-recognized certification
- Knowledge of Risk Management framework
- Working knowledge of project management methodology
- Knowledge of organizational security policies, standards and procedures
- Working knowledge of project management methodology
- Knowledge of organization’s risk tolerance and/or risk management approach
- Strong knowledge of security technologies and architecture, including encryption, cloud network security design, role-based access control, perimeter security and application security
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity threats
- Knowledge of emerging security issues
- Knowledge of risk management framework requirements
- Knowledge of security assessment and authorization process
- Experience developing or recommending analytic approaches or solutions to problems and situations for which information is incomplete or for which no precedent exists
- Experienced in conducting security review of systems
- Working knowledge of the current version of the NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology) SP800-53 Controls, or other recognized control frameworks, such as COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) or ISO
Buffalo, New York, United States of America