Solutions Engineer – Cyber Security Job Opportunity
Cyber Security Solutions Engineer will assist the Sales and Channel team in reaching revenue goals by providing high-quality technical assistance and presentations highlighting the company’s portfolio’s strengths.
Strong understanding of the sales cycle; able to communicate to customers and channel partners at both the business-level (CIO’s, CFO’s, etc.) as well as, the technical level (Network Administrators, IT Managers, etc).
- Translate the company’s technical benefits into business terms (ROI, TCO, etc.)
- Design and conduct technical product demonstrations to potential customers
- ROI analysis comparing existing solutions, competitive offerings, etc.
- Architect, implement, and support Proof of Concept installations
- Provide product training to customers and partners
- Ideal candidate would need to have transportation
The company’s enterprise products require a strong understanding of server administration, network topology, and technical analysis. The Cyber Security Solutions Engineer must have demonstrated experience working with customers on a pre-sale level to understand requirements and pain points in order to clearly articulate a proposed solution to address the stated needs.
- Experience with solution selling is a plus as this position requires looking at business and technical challenges at a holistic level and then formulating robust solutions to close the sale.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the selling cycle for companies’ solutions
- Gathering relevant data and understanding customer requirements to effectively recommend company-based solutions
- Coordinate development of pre-sales activities, such as product demonstrations (online and in-person) and webinars
- Design and implement prototypes and proof-of-concepts for enterprise-level opportunities
- Perform pre-sales problem analysis/resolution for the company based software. The software relies heavily on Microsoft Windows Server, Terminal Servers, and IIS.
- Perform level two technical support for company products. Must be familiar with tools such as telnet, netstat, Wireshark, etc., to troubleshoot network related issues.
- Contribute to technical documentation to be used by tech support personnel
- Special projects, tasks, and duties as assigned by management
- Experience in end-customer and channel-partner facing roles – this position requires significant interaction with different levels of business and technical people
- Strong business sense (ability to tell the customer what they need based on provided requirements, not just answer their questions)
- Must be very detail oriented in correspondence, problem analysis, and issue escalation
- Strong understanding of network design and sizing concepts
- Effective presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience responding to RFP’s and writing Statements of Work
- At least two (2) years of administration or support experience applying technical (cyber) security measures in IT organizations.
- Experience as a Sales Engineer for a software company
- Windows and Linux Experience
- Ability to travel 50%
- At least four years of hands-on experience working in applying technical (cyber) security measures in IT organizations. Preferably in a pre-sales, field engineering, or consulting role.
- Knowledge of Citrix or Windows Terminal Server installation, configuration, and administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with Juniper or Cisco SSL VPN Administration
- Experience in security and firewalls
- Knowledge or experience with Linux and Mac operating system