Sr. Associate, Cybersecurity Architect – Pfizer – Collegeville, PA – Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
The Global Information Security (GIS) organization delivers proactive cyber defense for the global Pfizer enterprise. Our mission is to secure all of Pfizer’s information assets ranging from the manufacturing floor to the core data centers and out to the patient facing solutions. We achieve this mission through a team of world-class talent, utilizing top-tier technologies, advanced analytics and the promotion of a cybersecurity ownership culture across the company.
The Sr. Associate, Cybersecurity Architect is responsible for the security architecture assessment of multiple platforms and technologies across the enterprise. This role is responsible for evaluating security requirements and industry standards, and driving security architecture standards to meet those requirements. The Sr. Associate, Cybersecurity Architect will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
For Pfizer, we look for candidates that are motivated, self-learning, and team-oriented individuals. From a technical perspective, an ideal candidate would have the skills shown below, but candidates that possess a strong subset and an attitude towards self-development & growth will be considered.
This role will have the following primary responsibilities, but will often act under the support and direction of the Security Solutions Director:
Collaborate with Enterprise Platform and Security teams to establish security standards, baselines, policies, controls, and architecture designs to align with industry frameworks and overall business strategy.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Develop and maintain security architecture artifacts (models, patterns, templates, and standards) that can be used to leverage security capabilities and measure the effectiveness and completeness of security controls. Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across the enterprise.
Develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers.
Provide advice, analysis, and recommendation on security architecture and solutions.
Develop analytics/Analyze data to improve situational awareness and make informed decisions.
Develop automations to eliminate manual repetitive tasks and allow time for more meaningful work.
Manage small to medium security enhancement and remediation projects.
Demonstrate commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
Demonstrate effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills as well as organizational and planning abilities.
- BS in Computer Sciences, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering, Sciences, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with security aspects relating to multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of threat modeling and risk assessment strategies.
- Ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Foundational knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat, current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and initiate technical aptitude to understand/design solutions.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
- Concise, accurate communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Experience performing raw data analysis using a log repository or SIEM.
- Experience developing python scripts for data collection and automation use cases.
- Experience developing automated workflows using a graphical user interface solution.
This is a desk job with extensive computer use.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel Or Environment Requirements
Standard work schedule & occasional travel required (less than 5%).
OTHER JOB INFORMATION:
Last Day to Apply: April 30th, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech