Sr. Spec’st Info Sec Analyst Company Name BNY Mellon Company Location New York City, NY
Multiple Locations: New York, New York; Florham Park, New Jersey; Woodland Park, New Jersey; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
The Bank has established a baseline standard for controls, including resolution of security vulnerabilities, which serve to minimize residual cyber risk. Utilizing a risk prioritized approach based upon industry standards (NIST Domains; Identify, Detect, Protect, Respond, and Recover,) the Information Security Cybersecurity Technologies team provides risk mitigation solutions to control breaks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
As a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer in the Cybersecurity Technologies Tools Platform team, you’ll provide Splunk data integration and ingestion hands-on-keyboard services, content development assistance and user enablement. You will also be responsible for ensuring that solutions are properly built, integrated, supported, maintained, and upgraded. Furthermore, you will ensure that data lineage engineering is resilient, automated, and optimal. The bank will also count on you to assess, evaluate, research, and take part in new cyber security technology proof of concepts, implementation, and integration into the firm. You will be part of a dynamic and fast paced team working with the latest and exciting Cyber Security technologies with ownership of the technology products from end to end.
- Operate the Bank’s enterprise log platform, ensuring the pipeline of key platform and application security logs are on boarded, data model normalized, and flow at optimal health.
- Ensure reliability of the enterprise log platform and automate operational excellence.
- Mentor, coach, and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Develop the necessary engineering documentation, Run books, triage documents necessary for operating the enterprise log platform.
- Ensures log and analytics solutions are engineered according to architecture & design standards.
- Evaluate new technologies in Cybersecurity Technology by conducting proof of concepts and present results of evaluation & recommendation to management.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company’s information security infrastructure.
- Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and met.
- Identify operational roadblocks to ensure timely remediation and countermeasures.
- Works closely with other members of the Information Security organization in a collaborative and goal-oriented manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- At least three years of documenting and implementing security policies, standards, and/or controls (experience in gap analysis preferred).
- Demonstrable experience with SPL creation, Splunk knowledge object management, Splunk Knowledge Objects and has developed multiple complex Splunk Dashboards, Reports and Alerts
Useful Computer Science and Data Science Skills
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate by IBM
- Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals Duke University
- Mathematics for Machine Learningby Imperial College London
- Cloud Computing by University of Illinois
- Data Mining by University of Illinois
- Applied Data Science with Python by University of Michigan
- Data in Database by Arizona State University
- Financial Management by University of Illinois
- Financial Reporting by University of Illinois
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 2001414