State Government and Cybersecurity Industry Strategist – Opportunity for Working Remotely – VMware Wilmington, DE Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
The VMware State Government and Cybersecurity Industry Strategist is a key leader of the Industry Strategy and Innovations Team within VMware’s Government, Education and Healthcare (GEH) division. This team is responsible for the development, planning and co-execution of industry segment strategy and solutions for GEH. This team works in a highly collaborative and mission-oriented environment across GEH customers and the industry. The GEH Industry Strategy and Innovations Team are VMware’s “forward-deployed” industry experts. Responsible for helping ensure VMware’s products and solutions are successfully understood and adopted in their respective customer segment. They are responsible for working with customer executive leadership throughout the full systems lifecycle to bridge technology and impact operations/ mission, win new business as well as discover and develop new use cases and markets for our products and solutions.
The VMware State Government and Cybersecurity Industry Strategist is a senior customer-facing leadership role whose primary goal is to guide our government and education customers through their digital transformation. The applicant must be a leader and passionate about advancing the mission and how technology, people, and process can ultimately improve the lives, security, and well-being of the United States, state & local government, and citizens. They must also have operational experience within cybersecurity.
To accomplish this, the State Government and Cybersecurity strategist will work in a consultative manner on all aspects of our Go-To-Market strategy and will be responsible for working with the VMware sales management teams, to properly position VMware’s solutions in the context of industry specific policy, regulations, financial challenges, and government business drivers. In addition, the strategist will work closely with customers and industry ecosystem partners to educate and support their understanding of how our technological differentiators, vision, architectural advantages, and financial benefits enable government transformation. The Federal Industry Strategist will take a prominent role in both shaping and evangelizing our vision, message and solutions. The strategist will strive to become a trusted advisor to key customers and industry thought leaders, building partnerships and solutions to meet the challenges of a more demanding, digitally connected environment and consumer-oriented citizen in a rapidly changing economic and legislative, policy driven environment.
- Leverage proven industry and technology expertise to help our customers realize their mission and business goals by the thoughtful and credible application of VMware technology, solutions, services and SaaS business models.
- Become a trusted advisor and business partner to both our customers and our customer operations and services teams, ultimately helping each achieve their goals.
- Build and leverage C-level relationships with VMware customer that result in deeper loyalty to VMware and broader adoption of VMware’s solutions.
- Expand VMware’s influence with key industry thought leaders, ecosystem partners, policy makers and industry groups by helping to develop, articulate, and refine our overall strategy, technology vision.
- Align with the field sales/service executive(s) to develop and maintain an industry plan for their assigned area(s)/accounts that is aligned with the overall VMware Federal GTM sales.
- Activities will include account acquisition and opportunity planning, business value mapping, partner alignment and training
- Participation in regular territory reviews with regional sales teams resulting in a detailed understanding of the opportunities across the United States.
- Work with our Pursuit and Capture team to help shape and execute strategies.
- Work with and along-side the GEH Solutions and Innovation engineering team(s), Solutions Architects and Systems Engineering to conceive, develop and bring to market new solutions and services.
- Blogging, industry articles and relevant industry events/social media will be expected.
- Work with VMware enablement team to help build industry training for Federal field teams.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
- Minimum 8 – 10 years’ experience in State or Local government IT leadership with at least 5-10 years in a government organization.
- A thorough understanding of the State and local government industry , business model trends, its current challenges and how the technology ecosystem plays a role in the industry’s current transformation from inception through operation.
- Experience in Cyber Security transformation, operations, application and delivery in government
- Experience working with global systems integrator(s) ecosystem, budgeting process and policy issues that impact this space.
- Ability to position solutions value within context of industry specific regulation drivers
- Must be able to clearly articulate how VMware products and our product roadmap align to our overall technology vision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skill set and track record in and influence skills across a broad constituency ranging from C-Suite to the end user.
- Ability to navigate both customer and internal VMware organizations and develop trust-based relationships
- “This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-12-21
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.