Company Location: Chevy Chase, MD, US
Employment Type: Full-time
• Information Technology
The Cybersecurity Organization has an exciting opportunity for a senior analyst with a passion for delivering business value through technology. This individual will play a key role within GEICO Cybersecurity Identity Governance and Access (CIGA) team.
The CIGA team is constructed of analysts and developers that are at the forefront of initiatives to modernize Identity and Access programs and practices at GEICO. The team members work in project related scrum teams to modernize Identity programs and services within a well-established scrum practice. Team members perform a critical role within cross-functional teams to develop and understand functional requirements, shape business processes and technical requirements, and drive team results.
Cybersecurity Identity is presently engaged in numerous initiatives to improve end user experience and service resiliency, while strengthening our security posture and improving governance and compliance. In a cloud and mobile enabled enterprise, Identity is becoming the new perimeter
The applicant will have a desire to work in a dynamic environment, have an excellent work ethic, have great communication skills, and be a self-starter. You must also be a team player with a positive attitude who is motivated to work towards common goals.
• The team consists of four major project areas; lifecycle management, privileged access management, directory services, and modern authentication.
• As part of a scrum team take on new user stories complete and assign tasks, report metrics timely.
• As part of a team, complete daily operational tasks associated with access provisioning, troubleshooting, and customer support.
• Perform on-call duties on a rotating basis, respond to customer queries and issues directed to the Cybersecurity Identity Governance and Access (CIGA) Security team
• Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner, to be understood by technical and non-technical customers
• Ability to operate independently to provide domain area functional and technology expertise
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management concepts
• Experience liaising with other security and compliance teams on large enterprise projects
• Understanding of core IT systems – Azure, Windows, Linux, Networking etc.
• Skill with PowerShell scripting.
At least one to two demonstrable information security technical skills in:
• User Authentication, Authorization, and Access control
• User Account Life Cycle Management Processes
• Identity and Access Management Technologies
• Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, or RACF administration and management
• Identity and Access governance including access request and access certification
• Information Security Policy, Procedure and Standard Development
• Security Frameworks, Standards, and Regulations such as ISO 27001, PCI, SANS, NIST, SOX etc.
• Working knowledge of application and data security as well as end-user access management processes in a multi- platform environment (e.g., Windows, Mainframe, Azure).
• Information Security Certifications preferred and can include: CISSP, Security+, CISA, CEH, GIAC Security Essentials etc. If candidate is selected without a certification, must complete Security + (or comparable) certification within 6 months of start date.
• Experience implementing Identity Governance, PAM, and Authentication solutions
• Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related engineering field preferred
• Experience: 2-3 years of experience required. Years of experience may take the place of the education requirement listed above.
• Grade will be assigned commensurate with experience and skills of selected candidate.
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
• 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Associate assistance program
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
• Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
• Associate clubs and sports teams
• Volunteer opportunities
• GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How To Apply
Click Apply for Job to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
United States-Maryland-Chevy Chase