Team Lead – Security Infrastructure – Bloomberg LP – NY, NY
Company Name – Bloomberg LP
Company Location – New York City, NY, US
The Security Infrastructure SRE Team is essential for our ability to manage and scale security systems which support this scale at Bloomberg. This team is responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential for our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by this team cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure as code patterns and using various automation techniques.
The team strives to quantify confidence in the systems they maintain and to drive additional confidence in the systems’ ability to perform as expected. Through thorough monitoring and telemetry collection, the team can use past performance to predicate and understand future reliability. The team assumes nothing of the systems that they manage unless they are explicitly tested building further confidence in the systems they operate.
As a Team Leader, we’ll trust you to:
- Be a hands on technical leader and work side by side with your team, constantly empowering them to do more
- Be able to prioritize the competing projects and drive consensus on solutions which involve multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate with other development and infrastructure teams to align the service level objectives with the needs of the stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of best practices around SRE practices and automation through extensive coaching, mentoring, and training
- Provide application consumers with selfserve tools to effectively use and work with the systems that the team manages
- Adopt tools and technologies like Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes to help abstract underlying infrastructure
- READ MORE: Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience working on highly available, fault tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrated technical and leadership experience
- Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure, building and deploying artifacts
- An empathetic mindset when building tools and solutions with developers, while also simplifying developer lives
- Strong understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux internals
- Proficiency and experience in provisioning and building infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Proficiency in two the following languages: Python, C/C++, and Go
We’ll love to see:
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- A deep understanding of web technologies and stability & reliability engineering (SRE)
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Financial Services
- Information Services
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- SEE ALL Cyber Security Jobs