Technical Expert – Cybersecurity Walmart Reston, VA Remote
We encourage diverse technologists, with a solid foundation and a passion for security engineering with a track record in both hands-on and strategic leadership in cryptography engineering. More specifically ideal candidates will have skills in several of the following areas:
- Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the cryptography, post RSA, PKI and key management aspects of the SDLC including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CI/CD efforts
- A solid understanding of a wide range of modern cryptographic primitives, from symmetric and asymmetric cryptography to hash algorithms, and their implementation
- Advanced understanding of key exchange protocols and message authentication codes and their practical implementation
- Familiarity with modern security protocols (TLS, SSH, etc…)
- Advanced Experience with key management best practices
- Deep understanding of weaknesses in implementations of cryptographic algorithms and implementations. Familiarity with common practical attacks
- Familiarity with existing crypto standards
- Experience with cryptographic engineering (performance and security) and secure development lifecycle practices
- An ability to communicate crypto concepts to a range of different audiences, from those familiar with the technologies to non-technical folks
- An understanding of systems and distributed systems security architecture, and experience of key management architectures to deploy cryptographic solutions (from computer architecture to communications protocols or distributed systems).
- Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems
- Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions, for both on- premises and in cloud environments
- Work closely with Hardware Cryptographic vendors to follow up on product lifecycle, product roadmap, new functionalities, and issues.
- Ability to think and design at an Enterprise level capable of aligning with Wal-Mart goals and standards
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
Analyzing malware, Analyzing network packet captures (for example, WireShark, Snort, Bro, Suricata, Netwitness, At least three of the following technologies: security incident and event management (SIEM), intrusion defense system (IDS), intrusion prevention system (IPS), Firewall, Antivirus, Web Proxies, Authentication, Cryptography, Unix/Windows server administration, and/or network administration, Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Penetration Testing Certification (GPEN), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), and/or Security Cisco Certified Networking Professional – Security (CCNP-Security), Creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations, Designing and implementing technical solutions, Integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio, Leading a cross-functional team, One of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, Powershell, VB Script, Ruby, PHP, Bash, C, C++, C#, or .Net, Securing applications, operating systems, or networks
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.